Monday, September 3, 2012

Clyde the dragon!

This weekend I was looking up crocheted animals on pinterest and I found this cute little dragon!  He is so cute!  I named him Clyde and he is just a baby dragon so he does not breath fire.  Clyde also has a little brother who is blue and very cute.  He has not been named yet.  I think am going to make lots more of these little guys! 

                  This pattern was pretty easy.  The things that were the hardest was the starting of the head and connecting the feet, otherwise it was splendid.   You can find the pattern here.    I added some of my own touches to him.  I used a bigger hook for Clyde so he is bigger, I also used polar fleece instead of felt.  So for his ears I had to put two pieces of fleece together with two tooth picks in between so they will stand up and I also made them more of a triangle.  I put his tummy on upside down and smaller from the one in the pattern.  His horns are not a cone shape like the originals.  They also used embroidery floss I just used yarn for his mouth and fang and the lines on his tummy are not floss ether.  The arms I put half way down the body instead of right by the head.
When you put the tail on you should put it a little higher up then mine is because he will stand but not that well and falls easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment